Unexpected behaviour

Moderators: HPC, Daven

robburge@sky.com

Unexpected behaviour

Post by robburge@sky.com »

Hi all

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

I'm running a file on my 3060 using Lasercut. It takes about 45 minutes as it etches lots of brick patterns before cutting out the shapes of the walls, I am using three layers: Layer 1 is 200 X 30 power and lightly etches the model brickwork, layer 2 is 9X75 and cuts out the windows etc, and layer 3 (also 9 X 75) cuts out the final shapes.

So I lay a sheet of 2mm MDF on the bed, set the head at top left corner (actually use datum to position it), press test to see if all is OK and run it. About 3/4 hours later it beeps and I lift up my sheet and all the bits correctly drop out and are perfect. The laser head returns to its original start position in anticipation.

I lay another sheet on the bed and press run again. This time the first layer seems to work but the cutting layers are wildly out - even marking the bar at the back of the machine which is outside the bed area.

Any ideas

Regards

Roib
Spooky

Re: Unexpected behaviour

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Rob,

After each run hit "ESC" on the control, that will flush the memory buffers and start from the correct point.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
robburge@sky.com

Hi Dave

Unfortunately that hasn't worked. Something else is different too:

Previously I could use the arrows to position the head and start cutting from there. Now, when I press Test it always returns to the datum before contouring. Do you know how to stop that?

Regards

Rob
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Newlydraw or Lasercut Rob?

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
robburge@sky.com

Lasercut Dave
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Rob,

On the Lasercut page are you selecting the "Immediate" box? with that selected it will run the program from its last position, deselect it and it runs from the datum of the machine.

It sounds like the issue is with the start point and that will be something to do with the "Immediate" option,

Have a quick look at the page when you import your file and check the settings :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
robburge@sky.com

Hi Dave

Panic over - I had to download the cfg file and that reset it back to normal

Many thanks for your help

Best regards

Rob
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Good news Rob :)

For complex machines these things aren't usually too bad to sort out :)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Thanks Dave and Rob,
Just had this problem myself - for some reason whenever I tried to use "immediate" mode, the machine insisted on starting the cut from top middle of the bed. I was confused for ages why "Test" was giving me the "Soft Stop" message when there should have been plently of room! Downloading the ".cfg" file got it fixed - so your posts have saved me a hell of a lot of head-scratching!
Anyone have any idea why this should happen all of a sudden? - and what does the .cfg data hold which isn't part of the actual .ecp program itself? I'm wondering if it's anything to do with filling up the machine's memory - I'm now in the position of having to delete/upload on the fly a lot as there is not room for all our stock programs in the machines internal list. Do the .cfg settings get lost when deleting large batches of programs, maybe?

Cheers,
Steve.
Ryddingsdale

Post by Ryddingsdale »

Our 1290 does this too, I just dont Datum machine. :D
LS 1290 User & 3020 Owner