6840 freezing

Moderators: HPC, Daven

keithwright

6840 freezing

Post by keithwright »

DT Technician at Linc's school.

We have a 6840 which is a great machine but we have a problem with it and BITMAPS. It takes all sorts of cutting including a Dinosaur from 2mm plastic. Try putting a BMP image in to engrave and problems. Downloads and does test but press cut and it freezes the machine. Nothing works and after switching off and on machine will freeze after start on anything. Board has been back to HPC twice. (Got it back Monday working tried a BMP because I was told they had tried files) now freezes again. Have USB plus flash files does not work. Machine totally unusable.

Keithwright
Daven

Re: 6840 freezing

Post by Daven »

Have you sent HPC the file you are trying to cut?
PM me the bmp and I'll try it on mine if you like.

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
keithwright

Post by keithwright »

Thanks Dave. I have sent the BMP file to HPC and I would send it to you but cannot find how to attach file to PM.

Cheers
Keith
Daven

Post by Daven »

Have PM'd you my email ;)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
HPCLaser

Re: 6840 freezing SOLVED

Post by HPCLaser »

Hi All Found the issue NOT a Machine problem but a file format issue ! no problem with the board we couldn't find one .
However now we have your file we have been able to look at the properties of the bitmap. It is the fact it is set in properties of the bitmap as ARCHIVE not read only!!
If you change the properties to read only first it works no problem. :D
Daven

Post by Daven »

Strange - I had no problems with Keith's file without doing anything to it. A version I sent back also locks his machine up :?:
keithwright

Post by keithwright »

I can load files into machine will do test but freeze on 'start'. HPC what machine did you run the file? Was it an 6840?
keithwright

Post by keithwright »

I have even tried removing the board and replacing it. Still Freezes NOT SOLVED.
keithwright

Post by keithwright »

Me again

Chris mark two has just left.

Unfroze machine with USB. They (Chris and our IT tech) think my USB is slow and I did not wait long enough for it to download files to unfreeze machine.

Machine worked. Loaded file that caused problems but reduced in size. Worked perfectly. Loaded full size file worked perfectly. Slightly confused but Chris and our IT tech' think it could be that the files download over the wireless network and that might cause problems with large BMP files. He also solved the problem I was trying to solve using bitmaps. I want to give up because it was so simple to do without using bitmaps.

I am a *****. Its my age.

Keith
Daven

Post by Daven »

Makes sense why it worked ok on mine then if it was the PC's USB ;)

Best
Dave