Incomming!! :)

Moderators: HPC, Daven

PhillyDee

Re: Incomming!! :)

Post by PhillyDee »

Omg! They are fantastic!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
The-Engraver

Post by The-Engraver »

WOW!!!
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

Brilliant work Dave, just brilliant - I especially love the train.

Tweakie.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Thanks guys :)

I'll get some more pictures up later, The Amity House is my personal favourite, the design has cost a shed load to get finished but I'm already getting a lot of registered pre-orders for the dolls house version :)

I'm trying my best to get away from actual production and just stick to selling the plans but demand has meant I'd be daft to ignore production totally. I only really had the laser to test cut every plan before sale but as it was there I took a few cutting jobs on and it all went a bit mad. Soon be time though to cut down on production or I'm not going to have the time for new jobs :(

Tweakie, if you like that train wait till you see the steam train and 1938 style London Underground train :)

best wishes

Dave

ps: The free downloads section is going back up on my site over the weekend so will be a load of new small projects to play with :)
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

How do you go about designing these things? Just getting a feel for the process.

Seriously impressive! How much do you sell the plans for?
Ever though of an online store? I use Zencart, which is able to handle digital downloads as part of its cart. That way you could sell both the plans and the parts directly.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
bobg

Post by bobg »

Great work Dave!

Bob
LS3020 used for hobby - making model railway buildings/signals etc.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Phil,

I'm an architectural draughtsman by day so design isn't too much of a problem.After uni I trained as an engineer (as the idea of science didn't interest me back then). It all rolled into one really, designing load bearing structures for big curtain wall gave me the design skills,being an engineer helped me learn about lasers an construction methodology as well as machining processes, my uni days of flow dynamics and particle physics gave me the limitations I knew I had to stay within.To top it all off, I'm autistic so I have close to a photographic memory so can learn very quickly :)

Designs go usually in the following order..

Initial Idea
Model (+ research original specifications and dimensions)
Cut
Test
Refine

I will get round to an online store but I have so many contract jobs and designs to work on my time is seriously limited at present. Price wise plans go from £2.99 to £4500 and just about every level in betwwen.80% of them cost less than an hours production sale value for the plans finished item.Only limitation being they cannot be resold or modified and resold (bit like software eula's) I noted some people market plans and charge for each cut item or seriously limit production, that's not a good business model, I don't, once a plan is licenced I don't care how many of that item people sell or what they sell it for :)

Some of the plans are expensive, although with reason, the amityville house involved sending a friend (surveyor) to the states for a week with all his kit to get me exact dimensions of that and the Borden house,not cheap but I had the market for both the plan and finised item so not too bad.

These pics are the tip of a rather large iceberg at the minute, I'll get more up as time permits :)

Hiya Bob, thanks for the compliment :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tweakie

Post by tweakie »

Tweakie, if you like that train wait till you see the steam train and 1938 style London Underground train
Thanks Dave - I love trains. :D

Tweakie.
Bernie_of_CPE

Post by Bernie_of_CPE »

Hi Dave,

I love the train buildings and that Eiffel Tower is just amazing.

Can I ask what material you are using? It looks very handy to prototype projects.

Love to see more of your work.
Best regards.

Bernie_of_CPE (Custom Product Engineering)
Daven

Post by Daven »

I think Dave uses Laser quality Ply for all his models.

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user