no beam

Moderators: HPC, Daven

paul

no beam

Post by paul »

Hi spooky
i'm getting nothing from the laser , can't check the mirrors as i'm getting no beam ?
it was working great just done a mirror of my daughter switched it off went back
about 2 hours later and nothing ,
the most i'm running the machine is 40% , and only tried cutting once a few weeks back
water temp is about 17 ,
also nothing through the temp meter ?
also checked the laser tube looks fine no bubbles ,

any ideas that won't cost me £300 quid?

thanks
paul
Mr Bea

Re: no beam

Post by Mr Bea »

Hi Paul
I had a similar problem where everything seemed to be fine but the laser wasn't firing. I spoke to Chris and he told me that on my machine (I've got a 6840) there is a sensor on the water outlet (the feed to the tube) that if it picks up that there is dirt or muck in the water it will stop firing the laser. On Chris's advice he suggested that I short the connector out and do a test fire of the laser, if it fired it was muck/dirt in the water. I have also heard of a failed magnetic door switch where the switch had gone faulty and therefore wasn't reading open or closed door.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Tony
Colonel Blair
Not that technical I am afraid....
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

As Tony said Paul, check your door switch first, no beam and no bangs suggests one of the fail safes has activated (door interlocks, water flow module etc)

Tubes dying usually isn't a quiet thing (you will see when one does) so I don't *think* it will be that :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
paul

Post by paul »

Hi dave / mike
thanks for your reply, the door at the back that covers the laser does not seem to close properly,
so not sure if the connection is being made , tried a few things to try and get the connection , but
laser still not firing , where do i find the water module ?
and i will try that next ?

my laser is a 3020

thanks for your help

paul
Daven

Post by Daven »

On mine that door has a button switch rather than magnetic - can you hear it click when the door closes?

Somehow I would be surprised if the 3020 has a water flow module as the pipe comes from the pump straight to the tube. The outlet comes from the tube to the tank so unless the controller picks up a current drop from the pump.....? (just thought, it can't as I run the pump from a seperate supply and it works)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
paul

Post by paul »

hey daven
yes i can hear a click when i close the door .
is there anyway to reset the whole system ?

thank you
paul
Daven

Post by Daven »

Not sure Paul, other than unpluging it? What does work the light, air compressor? Presume you have tried testing with the red laser switch on then off (even though you cant see which is which! An LED would have been nice;-) )

Dave
paul

Post by paul »

HEY DAVE
everything else is working fine tried red button on / off ,
it moves tried different speeds less power ,
just will not engrave ?

paul
Daven

Post by Daven »

I would call Chris then Paul - don't go doing anything to void the warrenty ;-)

Dave
paul

Post by paul »

yeah mate
that is what i'll have to do ?

cheers
paul