Bricks & Architectural Drawings?? Thoughts ??

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Bricks & Architectural Drawings?? Thoughts ??

Post by Spooky »

Heyho ,

Do many of you have use for Architectural scale drawings of things such as brick walls etc?

For example an overlay of a std bond wall of header bricks that can be imported into your projects and engraved direct onto your models?

I'm planning on doing scales of 1/48, 1/24, 1/12, 1/6 in the 6 major bonds of walling for starters followed by block and tiles etc.

I don't really want to put 60 to 80 hours into it if it's not going to be any use to anyone so I'm hoping for some thoughts from your guys that do these kind of models :):)

I'm just gonna go engrave a wall example into a bit of ply to see how it comes out...back in a bit :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Re: Bricks & Architectural Drawings?? Thoughts ??

Post by Daven »

This is going to be one of them times when a year later you get a job asking for a wall bond! ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
bobg

Post by bobg »

Dave

I'd certainly find bricks and wall bonds useful for railway modelling applications. Would these be scalable? I work in '00' 1:76 and G-Scale - 1:26 (but varies a little from manufacturer to manufacturer). I model 'northern' 1960's buildings so hope to experiment on 'stonework' effect but as a new Laser user not really tried engraving yet, so not sure whether it is possible to engrave to different depths to get a dressed stone effect.

I have CorelDraw X5. LaserPro 3020.

Bob
LS3020 used for hobby - making model railway buildings/signals etc.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Hiya Bob,

Yes scaleable will be simple, DXF file format will allow scaling using a simple (free) cad package called Draftsite,

If you have any special requests Bob I'm happy to modify the files to your requirements.

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk