Cutting on a LS3060

Moderators: HPC, Daven

gordonpb

Cutting on a LS3060

Post by gordonpb »

Hi,
Can anyone help please When cutting out a Square, the laser dwells in the corners and burns a hole. Have I got a setting wrong? I have tried turning the power down, but it won't fire under 20%.
Thanks in advance.
Gordon
Daven

Re: Cutting on a LS3060

Post by Daven »

Was that drawing a square in lasercut or one you have imported?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
gordonpb

Post by gordonpb »

Hi,
It was created in Lasercut purely as a test for me to see what power and speed settings I am going to use.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Check in 'File, Machine options' under 'WorkMode, cut' check 'Corner acc. is 80
Capture.JPG
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
gordonpb

Post by gordonpb »

Hi,
Many thanks for that, I looked and it was set to 100.00000. So I have set it to 80.00000 and will try it tomorrow. I am very pleased with myself today, I designed a gauge for my woodturning in Adobe Illustrator and managed to export it and bring it in to Lasercraft. I cut it out in 3mm acrylic and it turned out beautiful. Though it was massively overpowered. I set the power to 98% as per the handbook, and it not only cut through the acrylic but also a plastic honeycomb sheet I have put under it to protect the bed. Sorry if I am waffling, but have had enormous fun today. Thanks for your help.
Gordon
Daven

Post by Daven »

After 9 years I still watch the laser and enjoy it!!

For 3mm ply on 60w I use 65 power and 24 speed ;)

Best
Dave