Cleaning..

Moderators: HPC, Daven

davehills

Cleaning..

Post by davehills »

Anyone found a cleaning spray that'll remove MDF residue from the bed? "Flash" kitchen wipes work really, really well and I'm told baby wipes work well too, but kitchen cleaning sprays don't seem to work.

What chemicals do kitchen wipes have in them that kitchen spray doesn't?

(Kitchen wipes are working out quite expensive)
Daven

Re: Cleaning..

Post by Daven »

Citric acid is good - if you have a beer and wine making company close by they sell it in powder form - drop of warm water....

I soak my honeycomb in it and it cleans it up quite well .

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
davehills

Post by davehills »

Ah, OK. I'll give citric acid a go.

The wet wipes work out quite expensive so I'll try putting some citric acid into a spray bottle with some water..
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Cillit Bang and a jetwash :)

The MDF / Ply resin is water based so use a water based cleaner for best results, (IPA etc won't work very well) like Dave said, citric acid is great :)

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Dynamode

Post by Dynamode »

Hello,

I've been using Citric Acid on the Honeycomb Bed on my laser since new with no problem. I mix it with warm water, let it soak, soft paint brush if heavy, then jet wash it off. If you don't have jet wash, it's just slower to clean off with brush.

I use Johnson's Baby Wipes for the base of the Laser, and around the rest of it that I can get at, there brilliant.

Have fun. Dynamode
davehills

Post by davehills »

Tried citric acid and it's great! Thanks all.
keithwright

Post by keithwright »

Baby wipes are the 'bees knees' for cleaning our 6840 bed.