Rotary Attachment

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Dynamode

Rotary Attachment

Post by Dynamode »

Hello,

Is there anyone out there who can give me some advice on etching a Glass. I got some Tumbler style Glasses to try. If you stand the Glass upright, and put a level up to the side of the glass, there is a 3mm taper from the top to the bottom of the glass. If you set the Laser Head to the top of the Letters you want to etch and start it off, by the time it has moved down to the bottom of the letter, the distance you have set it is about 1mm to 1 & half mm out on large text.

You can notice a slight difference in the etching as the head moves down the glass. Is there anyway to over come this happening, apart from buying a glass with a straight side. I noticed it more in a line drawing, the image seems to fade out as it comes down the glass.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks, Dynamode.
PhillyDee

Re: Rotary Attachment

Post by PhillyDee »

Shim up the end of the rotary where the thinner end of the glass is. Just stick some ply or use a stack of post it notes (peel it to make it thinner) to get the level right.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)