NewlyDraw settings - reference pictures

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

NewlyDraw settings - reference pictures

Post by Daven »

This maybe useful as a reference to new users of NewleyDraw

The default position of the cutting head is the top right hand side of the machine - it needs to be sent to the top left hand side of the honeycombe bed. Here is how I do it.

After drawing or importing something (doesn't matter what, this is just to set the co-ordinates) select the item and then click the engrave button. The 'Screen one' will appear - enter -70 (minus) in the x box and 20 in the y box. The press the 'To X,Y' button - the head will then move to the left.

Notice the 'Step move' box is set to 10mm - this is handy if you want the start position somewhere else - simply move the heaqd by pressing one of the 'Step' buttons and then deduct or add 10 to the co-ords.

The second picture shows the speed settings - on the 3020 the power is controled by the potentiometer on the machine so you can forget any of the power settings on this screen. The speed is adjusted by changing the 'mm/s' boxes - Cut speed on the left and engrave speed on the right.

The Moving speed (under the cut speed area) controls the speed the head moves when not cutting or engraving. If you set any of the speed controls outside thier limits the head will go to the start position and then stop. If this happens stop the job and then reduce the speed.

Hope this helps

Dave
EDIT - the pictures seem to have been deleted
Last edited by Daven on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
adsnbecs

Re: NewlyDraw settings - reference pictures

Post by adsnbecs »

Hi there, thank you for your information, I am having a complete nightmare getting my laser head to the correct position, and have rung HPC continuosly for the last 2 hours but no answer and now they are shut for the weekend!!

As you have said the laser head is on the right hand side, so we have entered your -70, 20 instruction and pressed "to x,y" and it came up with an error box saying "laser may leave machine" Ah!!!!!!

Be grateful of any help x
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi Becs
have you tried emailing them as saturday is out of office hours
I think all 3020's put this message up with these numbers in but i think thats right. Daven or phillydee will know
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Truthfully, its that long since i used it, i am afraid i am no help! I only have machines that use lasercut now.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Daven

Post by Daven »

I'm the same as Phil - I used it a lot so some of the actions became second nature, I do seem to remember an error message which you ignored.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC