CleaningLenses

Moderators: HPC, Daven

HilaryWilliams

CleaningLenses

Post by HilaryWilliams »

Hi I seem to have run out of Isopropanol for cleaning lenses and was wondering whether I could use any of the copious amounts of alcohol based hand sanitiser that I have around at the moment as a substitut?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Hilary :)
Daven

Re: CleaningLenses

Post by Daven »

I suspect it will be ok unless it has any hand softening additives that maybe oily.. no idea if they do to be honest.

Spit is a good substitute ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
HilaryWilliams

Post by HilaryWilliams »

Thxs for that Daven - I am guessing this stuff is the hard stuff and going to chance it I think it may be preferable to Spit LOL :D
Daven

Post by Daven »

Maybe tongue oil is a better term :-)

The lenses are quite hardy unless you drop them so you should be ok - I did use silicone oil once in error (same brand can) and it was fine after cleaning with IPA.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC