Help needed please

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Susie

Re: Help needed please

Post by Susie »

Hi There (Again)
I have installed the drivers but it is still not showing my laser model in the dropdown menu.
Susie
Daven

Post by Daven »

So what has changed since yesterday when it was working? Did you plug it into the same USB slot?

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Susie

Post by Susie »

It hasnt changed! When I tried to cut a square it engraved it but not cut but I thought that it was working ok but just needed adjustment.. But it has never said my model in the drop down. I have tried a couple of things on it but it just keeps doing the same random engraving.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Umm the machines have solid state memory, if you run it from start up they will cut the last plan that was sent to them, even if the machine has been turned off in the meantime.

Where abouts in the country are you Sue?

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Pedro_Hernandez

Post by Pedro_Hernandez »

Spooky wrote:Umm the machines have solid state memory, if you run it from start up they will cut the last plan that was sent to them, even if the machine has been turned off in the meantime.

Where abouts in the country are you Sue?

best wishes

Dave
I didn't think this was applicable to the 3020 , when I turn my 3020 on after being switched off the lens head assembly returns to the factory X,Y position and when I open ND it reverts to default blank page,,,I'm I missing a trick here ?.

Peter
HPC1290 User HPC 3020 Owner
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

your quite right Pete, however the machine will remember the last file sent to it so if you don't sent it a new one it will just cut the last one it had :) even if the machine has gone back to its datum at startup it will try to cut the file it still has in its memory. (That said I will check to ensure that's the case)

best wishes

Dave
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

You are selecting the products you require to be engraved / cut before pressing "Engrave"?

If you near me in the North East, I would be happy to help out and show you how to use the laser, and a quick draftsite tutorial etc. Just would depend on shifts, and how close you would be!
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Susie

Post by Susie »

I live in Birmingham. I feel that the laser isnt installed properly. Silly question but does it have to have the laser model in the drop down menu. I installed the drivers that Dave sent me but still it didnt have the model number,
Susie
Daven

Post by Daven »

Yes the laser model should be listed.

Try going to Start, control panel, find new hardware. Make sure the laser is on and connected.

Also worth checking the usb port on the laptop is ok, if you have another usb device, plug that in and make sure it works ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Susie

Post by Susie »

The drivers Dave sent me are showing as Phillips LpC214X so the usb port is ok. Are these the right drivers. I am waiting to hear from Chris at HPC. Pesky Laser Im gonna win!