Help needed please

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Re: Help needed please

Post by Spooky »

No problem,it's what we are here for.

To be honest if your cutting doll scale furniture the best way will be native DXF format and set any engraving to a low power cut that will mark the surface only.

It will mean needing to learn a cad package, I'd suggest Draftsite as it's free and will save in native DXF format. It won't be a quick process as even basic cad packages can be quite daunting but it will be well worth it :)

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

I agree with Dave in the meantime have a read of this. Its a quick and dirty way of getting an outline from a picture ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Susie

Post by Susie »

Ive got to grips with all the designing now and ready to give it a go only problem is I cant get the Laptop to recognise the laser! I am plugging everything in and running the machine when I try to install but the laser LS3020 is not on the dropdown menu. Other laser types are but not this one.
Susie
Daven

Post by Daven »

The laptop is XP? You have loaded the drivers from the small disk? Can you confirm what version of Newlydraw you have.

Cheers

Dave
Susie

Post by Susie »

Yes Xp - The Cd is version 1.5
Daven

Post by Daven »

Just to make sure, and not wanting to patronise - you have the water tank set up with distilled water and the pump running? When you switch the laser on it should clunk a bit as it homes the head - does it do this?

When you turn the laser on did XP give a message about finding new hardware?

Dave
Daven

Post by Daven »

Does the screen look like this?
Susie

Post by Susie »

You can patronise me as much as you like as long as I get the thing working Lol. It didnt clunk when I turned it on but it has water and the pump running. the disc said it couldnt find hardware so i installed it from c drive.
Daven

Post by Daven »

LOL- if you want to call me I can try talking you through it - will pm you a phone number ;-)
Dave
Susie

Post by Susie »

Ok