Engraving speeds and power on HPC 6090 pro

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Chris1986

Engraving speeds and power on HPC 6090 pro

Post by Chris1986 »

Hi,

I have just purchased a HPC laser 6090 pro and I’m just wondering what the recommended engraving setting are. Has anyone got a list of the recommended setting for this machine. I got a list from the manufacture of power 400 for more of less everything then speed depends on the product but I seem to be engraving everything very dark which is kind of burning the material.

Should I reduce the power and speed? I’m looking for a good depth of engraving but nothing to burn the wood. I typically use 4mm mdf veneered oak for the majority of my products and also engrave onto wooden items such as a wooden hammer shaft or a wooden bottle opener. Any help or advise would be much appreciated.
Daven

Re: Engraving speeds and power on HPC 6090 pro

Post by Daven »

More speed = less darker/deep
Less power = same as above
Less DPI (Scan gap) = same as above

So increase speed and reduce power and check scan gap settings.

Too much speed is not good so check manual or give HPC a call, I normally keep to less than 400 mm/s

Scan gap setting can be found here http://forum.laserscript.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27

300 dpi is a good starting place - for simple text on say ply you can use 200 dpi.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Chris1986

Post by Chris1986 »

Thanks Dave

What is dpi (scan gap)
Daven

Post by Daven »

No problems - DPI = dots per inch - so resolution.

In Lasercut 5.3 - double click on the speed power and set scan gap there ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC