Laser not working an part of the bed

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Chrisylou

Laser not working an part of the bed

Post by Chrisylou »

Hi I'm still learning any had my 2nd hand machine running for a few days. I was working fine yesterday, but today when I tried to use it I'm not able to move the laser on the right hand side of the bed it judders and makes a grinding noise. I've since been able to get it to work on the left side but I still can't get it to engrave either now. It works fine when I press datum, but when I try to move the beam it won't go, its like it thinks it is but it can't move. I've looked and can't see anything obstructing but I can't get a good view. I've tried to upload the video but it says an error. Any one able to point me in the directs of what i'm doing wrong? or what I need to do? Thanks https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K8thr2 ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Chrisylou on Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daven

Re: Laser not working an part of the bed

Post by Daven »

What machine and software version?
So the head moves ok when the machine is off and returns to datum when you turn it on?

Does it do it on all files or a simple text file?
You can post a video to a hosting site and post a link here ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Chrisylou

Post by Chrisylou »

it the old 3060

I've just worked out how to had the link to the video i've added it to the original message
just checking when its switched off ( didn't think of checking)...
It seems a bit stiff but moves
Chrisylou

Post by Chrisylou »

[
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-06 at 18.37.31.jpeg
img][/img]

this was what I was cutting

this is another video of it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LQjxGJ ... sp=sharing

its also started going off when I press datum
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18D1kH2 ... sp=sharing
Daven

Post by Daven »

Sadly the videos don't run - the page opens but when try to play it just sits waiting.

It sounds like a belt or bearing issue - also check the datum switches aren't loose.

With the machine off the head should move smoothly - there is a bit of resistance but not a lot.

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Daven

Post by Daven »

Just downloaded the videos - the bar should not be lose like that so there is something wrong/loose on the carriage.
The machine looks hardly used so doubt it is the bearings so suspect something has come loose or broken.
It is earlier than mine so not quite sure how it is built on yours - maybe take some pictures of the area at each end of the bar that attaches to the linear bearings or see if you can see anything obvious.
Chrisylou

Post by Chrisylou »

Thank you,
we have tightened the bolts as they were very loose. but haven't tested it on that side since as we were worried that we'd damage the machine. We only had it serviced on Thursday, is this something that should have been checked as part of the service?
Daven

Post by Daven »

I would call them and check - I would not expect the bolts to have loosened so quick. I may be ok but best check it case it has knocked it out of alignment.
Best
Dave