Air Compressor, Solenoid, etc

Moderators: HPC, Daven

cd1986

Air Compressor, Solenoid, etc

Post by cd1986 »

I'm awaiting delivery of a Titan air compressor for one of our LS6840's and am just getting the other parts together. Can anyone offer any advice on wiring the solenoid, regulator, compressor, etc? I believe I need to use pins 1 and 6 on the Y1 connector but that's as far as I have got with it. Can anyone also recommend a specific solenoid?

Thanks in advance.
Daven

Re: Air Compressor, Solenoid, etc

Post by Daven »

Ask HPC - personally I turn the compressor on manually - a lot easier ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
cd1986

Post by cd1986 »

The compressor arrived today and I've stared the setup. To test the setup, I simply plugged in the compressor and turned it on and then attached the airline to the nozzle. However, when I open the valve next to the regulator (image attached), the air flows regardless of whether the machine is running, or even turned on. Is this normal? It seems that the tank will just drain until it's empty.
Attachments
IMG_1256.jpg
cd1986

Post by cd1986 »

Duh, I've just realised, it's the solenoid that stops the flow of air and I've yet this fit this. What a numpty!
Daven

Post by Daven »

As said I don't bother and just turn the valve open before hitting start and turn of after.

You can adjust the duty cycle on the compressor to give a slightly longer time between cycles as you are aiming for air flow rather than pressure.

I use an inline valve near the laser to help control the flow a bit better as well.

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
cd1986

Post by cd1986 »

Thanks. I've just got the solenoid in and it words really well. I'd recommend it as it was cheap to buy and easy to install.

How do you improve the duty cycle? I have the titan 22l silent compressor.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Can you pm me the details for the solenoid (not allowed to post custom mods).

The instruction were in the book that came with the compressor - if if did not get one I can scan mine ;)
Cheers
Dave