Ls3040 scaling issue on cuts

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Milky04

Ls3040 scaling issue on cuts

Post by Milky04 »

Hello, I'm currently having a scaling issue. I thought it was fixed but when I did my first A3 project today. It turned out the length of cut was way off. I.e. if I did a 200x200 square in software and import it into laser cut 6.1. It still says the square is 200x200 units. So it can't be a software issue when importing into laser cut

When I commence the cut. The scale was out by a good few mm. 205mm both axis. And as the box gets bigger the bigger the scaling issue. The smaller the box the more accurate the cut. I only noticed this recently as I had only done engraving and small cut projects.

I've noticed this isn't a uncommon problem. As when I googled it. It brought me to a 2011 year post. But he didn't really explain how he fixed it.
Daven

Re: Ls3040 scaling issue on cuts

Post by Daven »

I don't have 6.1 but it could be the config settings - call HPC and they will help ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC