Anti freeze

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Chrisylou

Anti freeze

Post by Chrisylou »

Hi
I've recently purchased a Laser cutter I'm confused with the ratio of anti freeze to de-ionised. The container holds 35ltr of De-ionised water. Its is stored in an out building (little heating) how much anti freeze should I add to it?
Thanks
Daven

Re: Anti freeze

Post by Daven »

Is it the anti-freeze from HPC?
What does the label say?

I don't use it myself ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Chrisylou

Post by Chrisylou »

Thank you
No its not from HPC its called coolflow DTX it states its for Co2 laser cutting. Do you not need to use anti freeze then? I'm still learning!
Daven

Post by Daven »

It can be useful if the lasers are in an environment that is likely to freeze - mine are in a relatively low risk building and if I think it is going to be a higher risk I leave the pumps going.

The concentration would depend on the temp to protect to - so say -10 would be 22% v/v so 35 ltr would be 7.7 Ltr of anti freeze
https://www.ou.edu/research/electron/bm ... rcent.html
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC