Upgrade of Compressor

Moderators: HPC, Daven

MarkH

Upgrade of Compressor

Post by MarkH »

Hi,

I have seen in some posts within the forum that upgrading the air assist compressor helps cutting etc. The Titan 21l appears to be the most recommended replacement and is quite reasonable cost wise. My question is what about the pipe from the compressor to the port at the back of the laser (3060 pro)? Can it be left as it is or should it be increased in size, if so to what ID/OD? Could silicone tube be used rather than nylon, only because it is far more flexible? Lastly if the pipe from the compressor to the laser is increased what about the internal pipe, should this also be increased? Again if so to what size, though assume this would invalidate any warranty, but could do it after that has expired.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mark
Daven

Re: Upgrade of Compressor

Post by Daven »

Hi Mark,
I have two Titans - nice kit.

I ordered the push fit adaptors to use the existing nylon tube and it works fine - as it is open ended the tube is not under a great deal of pressure - it is more about air flow. I actually turn the air flow down for some jobs so it is more of a trickle to keep the optics clean and other jobs I use higher flow rate.

I also use inline valves rather than the on off tap on the compressor as it is not only a bit easier to adjust but a bit more convenient - nylon tube must be used at least before the valve if you do this due to the pressure. To be honest I would only use nylon anyway as any blockage could blow the hose.

I think the O/D is 6mm.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
MarkH

Post by MarkH »

Thanks Dave,

It turned up yesterday, a little bigger than I was expecting, most likely because of how much larger than what it is replacing!

I will do a bit of e-bay shopping then :D

Thanks for the advice

Regards

Mark
Daven

Post by Daven »

Have fun :-)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC