Clock materials

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

Re: Clock materials

Post by Daven »

I've not seen any of Brian's plans but it could be they are in a later version of Autocad or the plans contain splines. If you have a cad program open it and check for splines if not save as 2000 dxf and try that.

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

khumbu5 wrote:Ordered the same clocks on friday. They come in a DXF format which isn't converting onto the Lasercut 5.3 software cleanly. Do you happen to know of an easy fix?
yup, mail them to me and I'll fix them :)

best wishes

Dave

dave@opticalpower.co.uk
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
avalonman

Post by avalonman »

I don't seem to have a problem, all I do is open ls5.3 and then import the dxf file.

Tried with all dxf's with no problem.

what problems are you getting
http://www.avalonesoterics.co.uk - Making fire wood with ease.
I own a 6840 purchased april 2011, working from acer 8935g laptop with win8 pro and lasercut 5.3 software
software autocad, adobe, corel, draftcad all legal
khumbu5

Post by khumbu5 »

Dave, Avalonman, thanks for your help but managed to find a fix for it. Downloaded a free version of Drafsight and saved it as an old version. Opened no problem. Apparently it was seeing it as an old version so had a few glitches, saving it as an older version of a DXF fixes it. Looking forward to making it now!

Ta
khumbu5

Post by khumbu5 »

khumbu5 wrote:Dave, Avalonman, thanks for your help but managed to find a fix for it. Downloaded a free version of Drafsight and saved it as an old version. Opened no problem. Apparently it was seeing it as an old version so had a few glitches, saving it as an older version of a DXF fixes it. Looking forward to making it now!

Ta
Thank you Spooky too. Nice to speak to you all...
Daven

Post by Daven »

Cool - look forward to seeing pictures of the end result ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user