American Diesel Train EMD DDA 40 XX

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

American Diesel Train EMD DDA 40 XX

Post by Spooky »

Finally :)

The premier model of all the trains I do :) with a couple of shots of the tanker truck that is being modified to the Diesels scale.

The main engine is some 680mm long when cut from 4.2mm MDF and has a cut time of 40 minutes on an 80 watt machine. Cut from one sheet of 1200mm x 600mm MDF with smaller sizes available that can be cut on any laser with a bed size of 300mm x 400mm in the case of 3.2mm MDF. Sorry but 300 x 400 is the minimum size that can realistically be used as materials under 3mm are unlikely to have sufficient strength and rigidity to be assembled without breaking.

266 Parts and heaven knows how long to put together :)

This is the actual Train used as the master for the above.

I'm very lucky in having the help of a real Master Draughtsman, Liam Biggs without whose help many of my projects would have never reached completion.

Best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tweakie

Re: American Diesel Train EMD DDA 40 XX

Post by tweakie »

That is nothing short of being totally excellent Dave.

Tweakie.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Fantastic!

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
DavidJHolmes

Post by DavidJHolmes »

The detail is astounding! You have a very keen eye, and an awesome set of skills! :)