Newbie from Blackburn

Moderators: HPC, Daven

andyfal

Newbie from Blackburn

Post by andyfal »

Hi all and thanks for having me.
I have just recently taken delivery of an 80w HPC 6090 and am struggling to cut 3mm MDF without smoke contamination on the top surface of the sheets. I use a BOFA AD Oracle for extraction.
I also have a smaller 40w RDL 4040 and cut 3mm MDF with no issues.
Left is RDL40w, right is HPC80w
Left is RDL40w, right is HPC80w
On the HPC I have so far tried higher power and speed, lower power with higher speed and lower speed. I have also put on a larger air pump than the one supplied (still a pump not a compressor). I have this problem just when cutting, engraving is not causing any issues so far.
The issue seems to be the distance between the nozzle cone and material is quite a lot larger on the HPC than it is on the RDL and the "exit hole" from the cone again is larger on the HPC than the RDL therefore the air assist is not as concentrated at the point of cutting.

So my question is should I invest in a compressor, and if so would I then need to fit the ultimate air assist set up; Or is there anything such as a nozzle extension available.
Daven

Re: Newbie from Blackburn

Post by Daven »

Hi - Welcome,
Have a word with HPC they may have a longer nozzle that will fit - the newer 3060's are certainly longer.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
andyfal

Post by andyfal »

Cheers Dave
I will have a word with them.

Andy F
Daven

Post by Daven »

No problems,

I have spoken to Chris at HPC and there are UK H&S considerations regarding the method of controlling the air assist so on that basis we recommend not fitting and device that is controlled via the laser or laser software.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
andyfal

Post by andyfal »

Thanks again Dave

I will try and find a suitable alternative nozzle perhaps longer with smaller diameter exit hole, hopefully this will help concentrate the air at the melt point.

Andy F