One compressor, two lasers?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

cd1986

One compressor, two lasers?

Post by cd1986 »

Is anyone using one air compressor for more than one laser cutter? (specifically, one 22l Titan silent compressor with two LS6840’s?)
Daven

Re: One compressor, two lasers?

Post by Daven »

I did for a while on my two 3060's - apart from having to kick in more often it worked ok.
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
cd1986

Post by cd1986 »

Great. Did you just use a y splitter somewhere in the line and get another regulator for the second machine?
Daven

Post by Daven »

No - regulator then y splitter then one of these for each machine
download.jpg
download.jpg (24.85 KiB) Viewed 4891 times

Remember though I am using it as an open system so turn of the flow from the compressor valve.

I do drain the compressors when I remember but not had an issue with condensation reaching the work.
Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Daven

Post by Daven »

UPDATE

I have spoken to Chris at HPC and there are UK H&S considerations regarding the method of controlling the air assist so on that basis we recommend not fitting any device that is controlled via the laser or laser software.

Best
Dave