Second hand price.

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Flatline

Second hand price.

Post by Flatline »

Hey,

I wonder if someone on here might be able to give me some guidance on a price for a second hand laser cutter. I have had a look around the forum and online but can see much.

The machine I am looking at is an Ls1290 80w and is about 5 years old. It's in working order but I know it hasn't been the best looked after due to it being available to the public and used under loose supervision.

I appreciate an no one would be able to provide an exact figure but a rough estimate would be great as I cant find much to compare it to.

Kind Regards,

Flatline.

P.S - I am looking forward to getting involved on here if i go ahead with the purchase!
Daven

Re: Second hand price.

Post by Daven »

Hard to say to be honest - a new tube is going to be around £540 which is the most likely thing that would need changing unless it has been changed in the last few months.
The machines are quite bullet proof to be honest so if everything else is working then chances are it will be ok - my oldest 3020 is about 8 years old and used nearly every day, caught fire a couple of times and cleaned only when I get chance (apart from lenses and mirrors) and is still as good as my newer machine.

I doubt I would pay much more than £500 if it was me but depends on location and condition.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Hey Dave,

Many thanks for taking the time to come back to me!

I know the bulb has been replaced in recent months so that is a bonus i guess. Its reassuring to hear how bomb proof you feel they are - I am sure you meant to type £5000?

How often do you fin the bulb needs done?

Flatline
Daven

Post by Daven »

No - £500! Honestly - a 5 year old machine would be fully depreciated - there is no knowing how long it has left even though they are good machines I would rather buy new for £2.5k more than the £5k!

If the tube is new then up to £1k maybe!

The tube life is hard to predict - it depends how it has been looked after and if the water was deionized and kept cool. I have been using a 60w tube for 18 months+

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC