CONFUSED OVER DIFFERENCE IN POWER

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Rick

CONFUSED OVER DIFFERENCE IN POWER

Post by Rick »

In October 20019 I sold our 3020 and in December bought a new one, both ostensibly having similar 35 watt tubes.What confuses me is that I need at least twice the power and about 10% less speed to cut the same materials. The new one cuts fine once the speed/power is established but just wonder why?
Daven

Re: CONFUSED OVER DIFFERENCE IN POWER

Post by Daven »

Power can be affected by various things - over the years I have found that extraction, air assist as well as the set up of the mirrors - even how you focus can affect the cutting.

If the mirrors are all spot on (and exiting the nozzle without hitting the side) try doing a ramp test to find the best focal point (the rulers that HPS send are normally spot on but are set for the lens curved side down so if you have flipped the lens flip it back).

Also worth checking the beam between the tube and 1st mirror. Place a bit of card and do a quick pulse - I had a tube once where the beam was split due to a dodgy tube!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC