Made this water alarm

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

Made this water alarm

Post by Daven »

I find that sometimes the flow sensor does not always stop the laser from working - especially if it needs a clean! I often forget to turn the pump on as well so as a back up I have made a flow sensor alarm using the Arduino open-source electronics platform.

A working video here

I am no expert in electronics having only dabbled in the past but was quite pleased with this especially as it may save me a tube or two!

If it is of use to anyone I am happy to share the code (it is still in beta) and the schematic (I have some spare PCB's as well if needed for a few beer tokens).

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Daven

Re: Made this water alarm

Post by Daven »

Found this useful yesterday - machine was idle and for some reason a pipe came loose off the pump in the container. Water coming out the top all over the floor but the alarm went off so we got to it quickly!

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC