Ls6090 axis misbehaving

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Steve78

Ls6090 axis misbehaving

Post by Steve78 »

Hello all

I have a fault that has developed on the axis of my ls6090 that I desperately need help with... pics attached

In short, the laser appears to be firing fine, but both the x and y axis seem to be jumping sporadically... sometimes it cuts fine, but much of the time it's producing a serrated cut and even turning what should be smooth diagonal lines into what resembles a set of stairs... I've considered that the belts may need tightening or replacing but a) I've no idea how to check them, and b) it seems suspicious to me that they should both be on the fritz at the same time

As I said, it doesn't do it on every line, but often enough that it's ruining almost every piece of work that I'm trying to do. Any help and advice greatly appreciated.. my business is relying heavily on a working laser cutter and I'm totally stuck while this is going on. Regards, steve
Attachments
Serrated edge should be continuous line
Serrated edge should be continuous line
Stepping line that should be smooth
Stepping line that should be smooth
Daven

Re: Ls6090 axis misbehaving

Post by Daven »

Give HPC a call - it will be quicker than trying to troubleshoot here ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC