Laserscript 5.3 installation

Please read before posting to the forum

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Kirsty

Laserscript 5.3 installation

Post by Kirsty »

Hello all,
I've had to get a new laptop due to Windows 7 becoming unsupported, and have updated to one without a disc drive. Has anyone managed to install the Laserscript 5.3 software without a disc?
I'm really not the best technology minded and not sure how to do this. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated, thank you x
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Daven

Re: Laserscript 5.3 installation

Post by Daven »

Yes - I keep a copy of the disk on a NAS drive and then copy from that to a local disk to install - handy when Windows updates and upsets the installation ;)

You could also use a USB memory key.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Thank you, and excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is an NAS drive, and is a USB memory key a memory stick?
Thank you.
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Daven

Post by Daven »

Network attached storage - basically a hard drive all my PC's/devices can access on my network. Bit like my own cloud storage ;)

Yes memory stick ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC