Newb alert - Difference in spec LS3050 & LS3060

Please read before posting to the forum

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

Re: Newb alert - Difference in spec LS3050 & LS3060

Post by Daven »

You have to add the laser to the cart to get a shipping estimate but at least you don't have to register like some site to get a price!

We as happy customers tend to be defensive on HPC's part which should really only be taken as a compliment to HPC. Most of us have been in your situation and as hard as it seems the only way is to buy from a UK based supplier and HPC comes tops in our view.

Best
Dave
Last edited by Daven on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

We picked our first HPC up from ebay second hand for about £700, it was faulty and I had to spend another £200 in parts to get it working.
I got my hands dirty and did the repair myself and was pleased to hit the learning curve running.

That machine lasted us well over a year and earned us enough money to upgrade to one of HPC's Pro machines.

On top of which I gained a year of experience working with a lesser but more than capable machine.

My advice, start small and build up. But do stick with HPC as you'll not be sorry in the long run.

(edit)

This is the same type of machine we started out with, you might get yourself a bargain:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LS3040-HPC-LA ... 1894219442

;)
Last edited by llamalasers on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Daven wrote:You have to add the laser to the card to get a shipping estimate but at least you don't have to register like some site to get a price!

We as happy customers tend to be defensive on HPC's part which should really only be taken as a compliment to HPC. Most of us have been in your situation and as hard as it seems the only way is to buy from a UK based supplier and HPC comes tops in our view.

Best
Dave
Dave's right

Been doing this a lot of years and I won't use anybody else. Chris Jacobs is likely the top man to turn to in the UK for advice or help with a laser, other than being a genuinely decent guy he's also very knowledgeable when it comes to problems.

The abuse... and I mean REAL abuse my HPC 1290 has suffered and still keeps working, ...it's been stored outside 3 times, moved hundreds of miles in open trailers, 3.5 tonners and even on a car transporter and the thing keeps going and going....(that reminds me, I must get another abuse review up on the latest move to the Welsh countryside)

I've got machines that cost 50X as much that go down if you so much as look at them in anger.

Honestly ....don't waste time going anywhere else.
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Tom

Post by Tom »

Huggy75 wrote:
Hmm
So you don't want to pay to go to them
But you want them to come to you for Now't :?:[/quote]

Tim,

Is there really any need for that demeaning attitude on what was otherwise a friendly forum?

I was merely trying to illustrate that these extra costs aren't something which I had accounted for, given that they aren't displayed in the product listing.

Dave - You are correct. I will have to re-think. Unfortunately we are slaves to our financial capacity. Thanks for your help.

Lee.[/quote]

Hi Lee

No demeaning attitude

Just saying how it came across

Tom
PhillyDee

Post by PhillyDee »

Spooky wrote:
Daven wrote:You have to add the laser to the card to get a shipping estimate but at least you don't have to register like some site to get a price!

Best
Dave
Dave's right

Been doing this a lot of years and I won't use anybody else. Chris Jacobs is likely the top man to turn to in the UK for advice or help with a laser, other than being a genuinely decent guy he's also very knowledgeable when it comes to problems.

The abuse... and I mean REAL abuse my HPC 1290 has suffered and still keeps working, ...it's been stored outside 3 times, moved hundreds of miles in open trailers, 3.5 tonners and even on a car transporter and the thing keeps going and going....(that reminds me, I must get another abuse review up on the latest move to the Welsh countryside)

I've got machines that cost 50X as much that go down if you so much as look at them in anger.

Honestly ....don't waste time going anywhere else.
Yeah, when I moved units last January in the same estate, removed the tube and pretty much just pushed it down the incline to my new one. And it was that rough as **** tarmac as well. Tube back in, realigned and still running well. As well as the almost catastrophic fire I had a couple of months ago. All it really cost to fix it was a length of wire, new lens and a new red dot. What, 45 quid in total and 3-4 hours stripping, cleaning and realigning. They really are solid machines those LS1290s. My next machine will also be a 1290. Perhaps with an upgraded tube, perhaps not. Have not yet decided.

I am onto my third (I moved from an LS3020 to an LS6840PRO 60W to an LS1290PRO 80W) and still have the latter 2.
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Huggy75

Post by Huggy75 »

Hi guys,

Following your comments, I decided to look on ebay and found some hpc lasers which had somehow eluded me previously!....and within my range!....

I shall be making enquiries!!... :D :D :D

EDIT - Anyone heard of the LS6450 model? Found this on ebay, however couldn't find the model number on the hpc website???...
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

Huggy75 wrote:
Tim,

Is there really any need for that demeaning attitude on what was otherwise a friendly forum?
:?: Umm May I suggest I did not say this.... ;)
I occasionally rename myself Tom... those pesky keys are pretty close... :lol:
However, on this occasion... I do not think I have done anything wrong (which in it's self is amazing, just ask SHMBO for confirmation :roll: )
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi Huggy

The 6450 is a 35w machine
It runs software similar too lasercut
BUT if you've never had a laser before i would get some training

Tom
Tom

Post by Tom »

TimBobTastic wrote:
Huggy75 wrote:
Tim,

:?: Umm May I suggest I did not say this.... ;)
I occasionally rename myself Tom... those pesky keys are pretty close... :lol:
However, on this occasion... I do not think I have done anything wrong (which in it's self is amazing, just ask SHMBO for confirmation :roll: )

Tim

I think it was meant to be Tom
But as my brothers are Terry and Tony i answer to anything beginning with a T :lol:
TimBobTastic

Post by TimBobTastic »

Tom wrote: Tim

I think it was meant to be Tom
But as my brothers are Terry and Tony i answer to anything beginning with a T :lol:
I had realised it was not pointed at me :mrgreen: ... its those pesky "I" and "O" keys I tell you... they are too close together... its a conspiracy..... :o
LS3060 PLUS with a 60w tube, Chiller and Bofa filter :-)
Online Store http://www.t2kreations.co.uk
Personal Website... http://www.timbobtastic.com