Effects Of Cooling

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Spooky

Effects Of Cooling

Post by Spooky »

This one is going to be ongoing but from initial experiments there are some huge gains to be had from running the correct temperatures of cooling water.

I spoke to an old friend @ M.I.T yesterday and he gave me quite a bit of info on the thermal effects of cooling NCh 10600 Nm laser generators, there is a magic number as such but until I can get to it reliably (read: at sensible cost I won't be able to post a curve showing cost / effect / efficiency.

Will be worth checking back as so far I'm getting a std 80watt CO2 tube to cut 3.2mm MDF at 65 power 35 speed.

More info as it becomes available.

best wishes

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
tweakie

Re: Effects Of Cooling

Post by tweakie »

Very interested in reading your results on this one Dave.

Tweakie.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

I spoke to Chris earlier and there may well be a superchill in the pipeline,

I'm getting the kind of results I hadn't thought possible,all due to temperature control,tube life is another factor that will be affected :)

back in a bit

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

Sounds interesting - may save me dropping the ice pack in the water sh.... just remembered I've left it in there - she'll kill me if I forget it :D

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user