Introduction with questions

Moderators: HPC, Daven

ls30602016

Introduction with questions

Post by ls30602016 »

Was looking at laser cutters for a while just as a hobby and held out for a secondhand HPC.
Finally got one about a month ago and only getting to play with it now. A laserscript 3060 (60w) with lasercut softdog. Its 3 years old and I may have paid too much but my impatience does tend to cost me :)
Anyhow the seller gave me a demo and all is working good.
I have tried searching extensively for my specific questions to no avail.
The questions:
The seller had it installed with training by HPC and no disc was supplied as they loaded the software on sellers PC. Can I get this disc somewhere?
I have downloaded Lasercut 5.3 and followed install instructions on my windows 10 laptop but still having problems. It says run one of 4 bat files but after trying all 4 none of them correspond to my size laser cutter, they are labelled A0 to A3. I eventually used A2 and changed setting of table Y from 400 to 300.
I drew a circle and tried to upload via USB cable. It could not communicate. I checked device manager and there is warning triangle on other devices/EZ-USB FX2. I tried updating driver and browsing to downloaded lasercut driver folder and windows could not find it. Would this driver be on the setup disc HPC originally used on sellers PC.
Also is there a manual for Lasercut that might explain how to input machine parameters as I am sure an error popped up regarding controller board or words to that effect.
With direct link failing, I had a play with control on laser cutter, initially had problems jogging axis and set a figure to 30 to try get X and Y to move, unfortunately when I jogged Z it moved 30mm I think and hit bottom of laser, oops.
Finally figured out the jogging of all axis. Could do with a user manual for the laser cutter too if anyone has a download link.
I eventually exported circle file to USB stick and loaded to laser cutter. Pressed start and hey presto it worked but the size was about half of the size I made it on lasercut software. Scratching head.
If you have read this far, thank you very much, if you can offer any help, links or anything to iron out my issues I would appreciate it very much.
Daven

Re: Introduction with questions

Post by Daven »

I will email you in a while ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
ls30602016

Re: Introduction with questions

Post by ls30602016 »

Thanks Dave. I will take a look.