HX3040 USB machine - help with drivers on Windows 10

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Fifty

HX3040 USB machine - help with drivers on Windows 10

Post by Fifty »

Hi All,

As I said in my intro post, I just got hold of an HX3040. It is a USB model.

I have ordered a spare part I need to get my water pump working properly and it should arrive by the end of this week.

Trouble is, I need to get it working on a Windows 10 laptop. I've inserted the dongle and installed Newlydraw. I have a disc with drivers on, but when I go into Settings I can detect both the USB dongle and an "unknown device" which is the laser cutter. In device manager, I can right-click and attempt to install drivers, but even when I point and the DVD with them on, it doesn't find them.

I'm guessing I might need some specific Windows 10 Drivers. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

Russ
Fifty

Re: HX3040 USB machine - help with drivers on Windows 10

Post by Fifty »

Quick update. I found and installed Lasercut 5.3. It won't load though, as the USB dongle I have doesn't work for it. I guess it is keyed to Newlydraw, not to the lasercutter...
Fifty

Post by Fifty »

Also (and apologies for so many questions) I just had a look around the web and find myself wondering - is this HX3040 actually an HPC product? The guy I got it from said he bought it from them originally about ten years ago, but things I have read elsewhere suggest otherwise. Is it just a Chinese knockoff?

If it is Chinese, is it still okay to ask for support here? Is this forum for the software, or the machines, or both? Don't want to offend anyone by asking for support from someone who is being cheated.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi Fifty
The old type 3040's look like the 3020's but bigger
The new model of 3040's look more like 3060's
the very early one's were white and blue but most are red and white
if you can get Newlydraw to work on windows 10 i have no idea
Fifty

Post by Fifty »

This one is blue and white and does say Laserscript on the front. If some of the early ones were that colour then this one probably is genuine, as the guy said he had owned it for almost ten years and he gave me a CD with a video from 2008 on it!

I think I have an old desktop still at my parents house with an earlier version of Windows on it, but I know I upgraded another one to Windows 10 about a year to eighteen months ago.

I'd much rather get it working on this Windows 10 laptop though.
Daven

Post by Daven »

The board will be for Newlydraw so no other software will work on it AFAIK.

ND worked ok on Win 7 32bit but not 64bit. The company does not seem to exist now so there were no more drivers available so you will need to make sure the machine is running 32bit Windows.
It is the driver for the USB card (not the dongle) that is the problem. You may get the software to run but it will not talk to the machine.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Fifty

Post by Fifty »

Ah thanks. That means I can stop trying several things and switch to trying Windows 7. If I am lucky, I still have a Windows 7 PC somewhere.