Been a While

Moderators: HPC, Daven

llamalasers

Been a While

Post by llamalasers »

Hiya, just checking in with my sickeningly good new update.

We've gone from strength to strength, I've closed Llama Lasers and am now working full time for my wifes company Curiology (she is a fair but firm boss :lol: ), we've just hit 100k fans on Facebook and have wholesalers all over the world including the USA, Australia and Japan. The laser is still running beautifully after a year and I'll be booking it in for a service in the winter and a new lens and mirrors. I'm cutting up to and over 1000 pieces a month now and everything we do is highly appreciated by our customers and it is in part thanks to such a great machine so I have to thank HPC for that.

We just recently purchased a UV printer which had the steepest fucking learning curve of anything yet, due to the high cost I was under a lot of pressure to figure the machine out fast and get it working for us. So after a short amount of time I'm cutting jigs using our laser and then cutting blanks to be printed on. It's a lot of work and I don't sleep much but the result is fantastic. The 3D printer still gets plenty of usage too.

We use some lovely materials, great laserable birch ply, genuine Perspex, mirrors and some amazing glitters & iridescent materials in the laser and I've finally found some phosphorescent material that we're putting to good use. We do a little bit of paper cutting too with pleasing results.

If you're interested in examples of our work then feel free to browse https://curiology.uk/ the password is HOLIDAY as we're taking a little break for a week :)

The most recent creation, a papercut scene in a bell jar with glow in the dark effect:

A few of our recent printed things:

Thanks again HPC for the brilliant machine, I'm not going to beat around the bush, having the equipment is only a small part of the story. You have to have dedication and be willing to work bloody hard to get a result from your machine but with the right effort and on a fair wind you really can do amazing things that will be appreciated the world over.
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
Tom

Re: Been a While

Post by Tom »

:D
KyC

Re: Been a While

Post by KyC »

WOW those look stunnning - What material are the pendants? The colours are amazing!