Sam's LS3020 LSCT Questions

Moderators: HPC, Daven

sam

Sam's LS3020 LSCT Questions

Post by sam »

Hi,

I thought that having one thread for all of my upcoming questions makes more sense. (Thanks in advance for guidance)

New question 1:

The water pump is all connected etc, and the manual is saying to check for water bubbles and undo the clamps and move the tube around to dislodge them. There are a few bubbles in the right of the tube (when standing in-front of the machine) which just will not move no matter what we do.

Image : http://i.imgur.com/PX87RIb.jpg

Anyone had this issue?

thanks again.

cheers

Sam
Tom

Re: Sam's LS3020 LSCT Questions

Post by Tom »

Sam
Don't turn the tube or move it
I think you need to talk too hpc
Tom

Post by Tom »

If that pic is looking over the machine then the water needs to be running from right to left
if you turn the pump off and gently lift the opposite side from the bubble too get it moving
sam

Post by sam »

Update :

We left the bulb as is (brackets tightened back to normal) and lifted the entire machine up on the left, and the bubbles dislodged themselves.

I've taken a couple more photos:

http://imgur.com/a/OuCGR

All of the large bubbles have now been dislodged, but what about the hundreds of tiny bubbles which seem to line the inner tube?

cheers

Sam
Daven

Post by Daven »

They should clear - the big bubbles by the ends of the tube are the ones to worry about. They can be a pain to dislodge and is easier tipping the smaller machines (I can just do it on my 3060's ).

You can put some washing up liquid in a small amount of water and rinse it through (just set up the pump in a smaller container - run it through for a few minutes, change to clean water to rinse and then go back to the main water container).

If at anytime you see water in the outer jacket the tube is broken - do not try and use it!

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

Thanks for the replies Tom and Dave.

I ran the pump by itself for a good 30 mins last night, and it has moved all of the small bubbles on (please see photos below)

There are a couple of bubbles still on the very far right, are they anything to worry about, as no amount of tipping wants to dislodge them, but maybe they will move on after running the pump for a longer period of time?.

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/pEX4j

Dave, you mentioned that if I see water in the 'outer jacket', what part is the outer jacket?

I see the overall bulb, with the laser running in it's own section through the middle, with everything outside that laser section being filled with water which cools the laser?

cheers

Sam
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

you got a photo ?
the inner tube should have water, the large outer tube should have no water at all
sam

Post by sam »

I understand what the 'outer jacket' is now.

I wrongly assumed the entire bulb had running water through it, to cool the inner section, but from taking a closer look, the outer jacket is empty (confirmed with a little tap of a fingernail).

The water only runs through the inner jacket.

Rough mockup linked below (the green area is the inner section).

http://imgur.com/QgbN6qV

cheers

San
Daven

Post by Daven »

Big bubbles should be cleared - if they migrate to the ends where the heat builds up (especially the output coupler) it can kill the tube.

Empty the tube and slowly fill by pinching the tube so it fills slowly, even with the machine tilted if needs be.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

Hi Dave,

Is it just a case of disconnecting the 'water in' tube from the pump and draining the water from the machine via the 'water out' tube?

Then going again as you recommended.

cheers

Sam