Problems With LS3050

Moderators: HPC, Daven

shadowfang

Problems With LS3050

Post by shadowfang »

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone might be able to help. The design agency I work for recently relocated and we moved the laser cutter too, it's an LS3050. I dismantled it at one end where it had been working fine and moved it carefully (as carefully as I could, I don't recall any problems, bumps etc). It isn’t used very often but at the other end, we haven’t managed to get it working again.

The laser goes through all the motions of cutting ie movement etc but no actual laser beam. I am not sure if the issue is with the laser tube itself or any other part of the machine.

Everything is set up as it was before except for the alarm to the chiller. One thing I couldn’t figure out is that it seems like someone has done a ‘bodge job’’ soldering the alarm plug to the water chiller? I have attached images but this plug won’t go in so this is not connected, Would this affect the operation of the laser?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt

Daven

Re: Problems With LS3050

Post by Daven »

Couple of basic checks first..
Operate the big red button a couple of times and make sure it is set to run.
Make sure the water is flowing ok.

The soldering job looks like they have bypassed the waterflow sensor which stops the tube firing if no water flow but I am unsure as I do not have that type of chiller so check the water flow sensor in the machine is clean and bypass to test

The other thing - in the picture of the output coupler - it looks wonky - it may be ok and I'm not sure if it could have been like it from manufacture - just doesn't look right.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
shadowfang

Post by shadowfang »

Turns out there is a massive button for laser power .... after ages of trying everything all i needed to do was press that! :lol:

Thanks for the help
Daven

Post by Daven »

Glad it's sorted ;)
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC