Bamboo Chopping Boards

Moderators: HPC, Daven

brydonuk

Bamboo Chopping Boards

Post by brydonuk »

Hi folks, the wife has asked me to make a couple of chopping boards for her sisters (Christmas eh)

Anyway, do you have any tips advice? I tried a quick logo on a used one and it came our great, but a little deep engraved. It was also colourless....How do I get that nice dark colour in the engraving like I see on sale everywhere?????

Thanks in advance...

oh and a bonus question, what settings for cork cutting and engraving?? It's not listed on my HPC info so just wanna ask the great masses on here :D
Daven

Re: Bamboo Chopping Boards

Post by Daven »

You could try a higher scan gap setting but lower the power or up the speed if you can.

Not sure about cork - not tried cutting it so far ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
brydonuk

Post by brydonuk »

Thanks, I think it's a case of experimenting :D I tried higher power, didn't make any difference. Tried slower speed, didn't make any difference. I will try the scan gap to see if it makes a difference.

8-)
Daven

Post by Daven »

Bamboo doesn't go very dark from memory - it maybe that the ones you have seen has a paint or dye infill.

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
brydonuk

Post by brydonuk »

I did wonder that too. Have asked a few creators i follow online, they all assure me there is no paint involved :roll:

Thought someone on here or at HPC might have known the answer.

Chhers for the help though Daven
Daven

Post by Daven »

The only other thing you could try is de-focusing as well.

Best
Dave
DaveFarms

Post by DaveFarms »

Hi,

Just came across this post when looking for bamboo speeds and power. I've recently been cutting 3mm cork on my LS3060 at 15 speed on 45 power, 20 in the corners, though these were cloud shapes so not many corners. I found originally that cork tends to char and burn at higher power, but 45-50 seems to be the sweet spot. I lowered that to 40 power for 1mm cork though.

Hope that helps someone!

Dave