LS1290 Wont XY Config ???

Moderators: HPC, Daven

steve1564

LS1290 Wont XY Config ???

Post by steve1564 »

Hi Everybody - (from a Damp north somerset)

So my 1290 wont XY from switch on....

Had a quick chat with Jonathan at HPC & he very kindly sent me the FW & software...

LaserCut seems to install fine - and the PC talks to the cutter...

Not sure if the FW is taking as i'm still getting DLL mismatch errors (usb is fine - Fat16 ect)

Seems that i may be missing a config file (on the machine) - how do i get & upload it ?

Any ideas ?

Steve
LS1290 - Leetro 6515 & PAD03 - Lasercut 5.3
"I wonder if we do this, will it f**k it up...... Oh Yea, It did!"
Daven

Re: LS1290 Wont XY Config ???

Post by Daven »

Hi Steve,
Was there a folder called 'driver' with a .sys file and an .inf file in it?

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Daven

Post by Daven »

If you click on download and then 'Download CFG' it may help.
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
steve1564

Post by steve1564 »

Hi Dave...

No driver folder - other than the "windows driver"

there is a folder with the win drivers :-
LTUSB.inf
and
ezusb.sys

But is there a "machine profile" type file ? sys.ini looks like a candidate
My guess is i'm dealing with a controller that doesn't know what its supposed to do yet...
on the software disk i got with the machine there is a prog named "leetro recover" - i suspect this has dropped the board back to its out of the box settings...
I can datum the machine (from the keypad or PC) so this leads me to think the stepper's, 6515 & limit switches are all good - and if i manually drag the X Y around (power off) the machine will return to 0,0 when i datum it....

"Driving me nuts mate" :?

Steve.
LS1290 - Leetro 6515 & PAD03 - Lasercut 5.3
"I wonder if we do this, will it f**k it up...... Oh Yea, It did!"
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Steve,
The inf and sys files are the pc to PC controller - the syscfg.ini should download to the laser when you click on download and then 'Download CFG'.

You can use a USB memory key to download a job to the laser - set up a simple job, click download, then click export file. Save to memory stick and slot into usb on side of machine (not the one the lead goes into. It will upload the file and the you should be able to cut it if the machine is ok (do a test first with lid open)

If you can't control the laser from the keypad though it sounds like a hardware issue.

Try the memory stick first - let us know how you get on ;)

Best
Dave