LS3020 LSCT - Startup issue

Moderators: HPC, Daven

sam

LS3020 LSCT - Startup issue

Post by sam »

Hi,

I have an issue with my LS3020 LSCT when powering the machine on, it doesn't want to reset to the top right but keeps trying to go right and it jumps left to right?. I see a little trigger switch down there, and I wonder if that's the problem?.

The machine itself cuts fine when I pick a new datum spot to begin from, it's that initial power up 'reset' the machine has the issue.

I've linked a video below:

https://youtu.be/tMw8Lq4dv44

thanks for your help.

cheers
Daven

Re: LS3020 LSCT - Startup issue

Post by Daven »

I would guess that the switch as moved a bit so the head is hitting the gantry before the switch makes contact. Make sure the switch is being held tight , if not move it to the left a bit and tighten it up ;)

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

Hi Daven,

It does look like the arm on the microswitch isn't correctly pressing against the button on the switch. I could do with seeing what shape the arm should be so I can get it back working correctly.

I know you probably have a larger machine than mine, but might it use the same switch?. A photo could be handy if you could get one your end?.

(I've asked HPC for switch info also, so I can see how it should sit).

cheers

Sam
Daven

Post by Daven »

My 3060's are a bit different but the arm is straight and is at an angle about 5mm out from the end. You can bend the arm out a bit more if there is no adjustment on the switch.

Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
sam

Post by sam »

I managed to fix the issue. I guess I caught the arm on the microswitch when removing materials at some point so it had bent slightly out of shape, so I gave it a tweak back to how it should be and the issue is all gone.

Thanks again for the help.
Daven

Post by Daven »

Well done ;)

Cheers
Dave