Old Tube, what do you do?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

SillyJokes

Old Tube, what do you do?

Post by SillyJokes »

I've got an old tube and I want to check a few things, find out what others do.

Q1) Does an old tube start giving out less power across its range or just at the top end? Mine seems to be top end only, but I have no power meter

Q2) I cut MDF and the machine gets pretty dirty, and I want to check I'm cleaning all the places I need to:
I clean the lense and the mirrors and inside the laser, closest to the first mirror, is there anywhere else I should be cleaning?

Q3) I used to cut at speed 12 now I'm cutting at speed 8, all my ecp and mol files are wrong, is there a way to globally change the cut speed or do I have to remake them? How do you handle an ageing tube that giving out less power?

Thanks
Owner of a new LS3040 PRO
Daven

Re: Old Tube, what do you do?

Post by Daven »

You will notice it more at the top end.

The mirror at the end of the tube is worth cleaning BUT be very careful not to damage it as it can't be replaced like the others.

No way the change the setting globally - sadly you have to amend each file or bite the bullet and get a new tube ;)

Cheers
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
SillyJokes

Re: Old Tube, what do you do?

Post by SillyJokes »

Thanks

I think I should be able to knock something together to globally change the project file (ECP), if I do I will post it.
Owner of a new LS3040 PRO