Fire :(

Moderators: HPC, Daven

PhillyDee

Re: Fire :(

Post by PhillyDee »

Spooky wrote:The problem with fire sensors is the way they work, they either sense IR from the flame source or heat, both of which happen in a laser machine anyways :)

Best way to avoid fires? watch the machine..hence the big warning stickers on them :)
Yup, looked into a flame seeker type setup ran from an Arduino, but it would be no good.

As for the extraction, mine is excellent, a 420m3/hr vent on a 6" direct hole. It was so good, that despite the fact that I burned through half a 600x600mm sheet, and it turned the entire inside of the machine black with soot, I never so much as got a whiff of anything at all. And this was with about 20psi of air assist on a blade table with what, 12-14" gap underneath?
http://www.tmbelectronics.com - Electronics, tools, hobby tools, power tools, and much more!

An ex LS3020 user now playing with an LS6840PRO (60W) and an LS1290PRO (80W)
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

PhillyDee wrote:
Spooky wrote:The problem with fire sensors is the way they work, they either sense IR from the flame source or heat, both of which happen in a laser machine anyways :)

Best way to avoid fires? watch the machine..hence the big warning stickers on them :)
Yup, looked into a flame seeker type setup ran from an Arduino, but it would be no good.

As for the extraction, mine is excellent, a 420m3/hr vent on a 6" direct hole. It was so good, that despite the fact that I burned through half a 600x600mm sheet, and it turned the entire inside of the machine black with soot, I never so much as got a whiff of anything at all. And this was with about 20psi of air assist on a blade table with what, 12-14" gap underneath?
Lightnin

Post by Lightnin »

I've also seen machines with web/mini cam's in.. so you can work on the pc and keep an eye on what's going on, either in a small window, or a separate monitor
llamalasers

Post by llamalasers »

Now that's a bloody good idea.

:ugeek:
60W LS6840 & CW4000
started out with LS3040
LinkspanModels

Post by LinkspanModels »

Tom wrote:
LinkspanModels wrote:Just read all this and want to thank you all for opening my eyes!!!

New machine arrives Thursday (our first!) and CO2 extinguisher has been ordered.........
Just listen to the engineer he will go though it all with you
And enjoy your new toy i mean machine :D
Cheers Tom - Getting all excited now!!!!