Hello from Lanarkshire

Moderators: HPC, Daven

coyote

Hello from Lanarkshire

Post by coyote »

Looking for some advise from users on the forum.

I am in the process of trying to pick a Laserscript lasercutter.

Initially I want to be cutting detail designs with very fine detail engraving.
Small detail will be down to 1mm.
Material will be 1mm limewood.

I have looked at the spec of 3020 pro with lasercut software or 3050 or 3060 machines and only 3020 seems to do small detail 1mm-1mm.

Should I go for 3020 or does anyone think larger machines will still give fine detail.

Many thanks.
Spooky

Re: Hello from Lanarkshire

Post by Spooky »

Hiya,

The bigger machines have better laser heads and can give finer resolution. The problem with small details is using too much power, wood has a specific heat value and once you get over this it can char or burn if the cross section is too thin.

cheers

Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi - welcome ;)

Certainly no difference between the 3020 and 3060 detail wise but would recommend you get the lasercut version if you do go for the 3020.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
coyote

Post by coyote »

many thanks for answers,

Choice now down to 3050 or 3060

Next silly question-
Except from bed size - cutting area, Is there any other differences between the 3050 and 3060

thanks
Daven

Post by Daven »

Not a lot from what I can see - apart from being a desktop! I would check to see what size your most used material comes in which may help decide on table size. I find the 3060 is quite handy as quite a few suppliers do sheets 300x600 so less cutting to fit the table.

3060 has wheels so can be easily moved (to check tube etc.) but a desk on wheels for the 3050 is just as good.

May be worth checking with HPC if the 3050 could be upgraded to a 60w if required. The 3060 can but if all you are doing is light engraving this won't be an issue anyway but could be handy in the future.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user