3020 lens cleaning

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Daven

3020 lens cleaning

Post by Daven »

Here are some pictures of the 3020's lens assembly being disassembled - do this at your own risk:-

This picture shows the air assist tube - remove by pushing the collar in in pull the tube out gently.

Laser head by Turningtimecouk, on Flickr

Move the tube out the way

Undo the brass screw and pull the nozzle down - it should come off with no force

Unscrew the lens mount

Clean the lens (this is before cleaning) and the nozzle
Laser lens by Turningtimecouk, on Flickr

Reassemble in reverse order - make sure lens is replaced correct way up.

Hope this is of use ;-)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Mike

Re: 3020 lens cleaning

Post by Mike »

On my one you don’t have to remove the tube from the cone, if you loosen the cone there is enough slack to get it off.
Very important point about the orientation of the lens, it works both ways but has 20% more power if fitted in the correct orientation, i.e. with the curve surface facing up.
Daven

Re: 3020 lens cleaning

Post by Daven »

I could possiby do the same on mine Mike but while I was there I thought it was just as easy to remove the tube and give the nozzle a good clean.

Orientation of all parts is worth noting - for anyone who hasn't seen my thread in general disscusion where I put the mirror in the head back round the wrong way :oops: ;)

Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC