Rotary device for 6840

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Malj

Rotary device for 6840

Post by Malj »

Hi i have a rotary device for my laser but haven't used it yet, Simon did the installation and told me the settings etc, but i've misplaced them can anyone help with the set up. I've had my machine for 5 weeks and have been working with other laserables but want to start looking at bottles, glasses etc.
I'm starting to have some good results with acrylic and did some photo's onto Black marble at the weekend which i'm reasonably pleased with, but would really appreciate any advice or ideas with the rotary device.

Cheers

Mal
Currently experimenting with a 6840
Spooky

Re: Rotary device for 6840

Post by Spooky »

If no luck mal try gary(The-engraver) he has one and has gotten some very good results.
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Dave@OpticalPower.co.uk
avalonman

Post by avalonman »

I have 6840 and rotary

what do you need to know
http://www.avalonesoterics.co.uk - Making fire wood with ease.
I own a 6840 purchased april 2011, working from acer 8935g laptop with win8 pro and lasercut 5.3 software
software autocad, adobe, corel, draftcad all legal
Malj

Post by Malj »

Hi sorry missed your message. I need to know what the set up is, i know that i need to change some settings that will allow the laser to calculate movement etc and this is around the diameter of the bottle, glass or whatever i'm using but i don't know what this is, also whats the best settings for lasering direct onto wine bottles, speed power etc.

Thanks s for your time

Mal
Currently experimenting with a 6840