problems with cutting, parts cutting wrong sizes

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Wwgm

problems with cutting, parts cutting wrong sizes

Post by Wwgm »

hello

i am have a issue with one of my laser cutter

its cutting parts the wrong size. but its not doing the issue consistently and i have been unable to figure out any pattern to the issue.

i have attached 2 pictures, these parts were cut at the same time in the same origination

the height is all over the place on them, cut in the y axis
and the slots in the center are also not lining up cut in the x axis

this machine has been doing this for a while and has had the following replaced

x + y
Belts
bearings
stepper

x liner bearing
x stepper motor wires

the machine has been cleaned and i have checked the lenses / mirrors are not loose

i have also tried a stepper controller from a good machine to see if that helped to no avail

Any suggestions what else to do please?

ls1290 and lasercut 5.3
Attachments
example 2.jpg
example 1.jpg
Daven

Re: problems with cutting, parts cutting wrong sizes

Post by Daven »

Check on the control pad on the machine that the setting are set correct. Most options should be 100% as the software overrides - and strange numbers in the CP can make it do strange things.
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Wwgm

Post by Wwgm »

i have now also tried a leetro controller board from a different machine and its still doing it with no change
Wwgm

Post by Wwgm »

Daven wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:31 pm Check on the control pad on the machine that the setting are set correct. Most options should be 100% as the software overrides - and strange numbers in the CP can make it do strange things.
hello, yes everthing looks okay in there and has the same settings as all my other machines
Daven

Post by Daven »

So is it the same part set up as an array? If you create a simple box and cut that in an array does it do the same?
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Wwgm

Post by Wwgm »

Daven wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:46 pm So is it the same part set up as an array? If you create a simple box and cut that in an array does it do the same?
i'm not sure what you mean by an array

they are parts of a product i sell, its doing it to all the parts not just the ones shown, they were just some of it to show in the post, the larger the part the more its off by.

i have cut out a 100x100mm square and it cut it to 100.06mm in the x and 99.85mm in the y

x seems to cut dimensional accurate parts but slots and cutouts are miss aligned by +/- 0.5mm or so
y seems to be cutting parts at wrong sizes, but its not consistent, some parts are to small some are to large
Daven

Post by Daven »

So array is this option
Screenshot 2023-06-06 161350.png
Screenshot 2023-06-06 161350.png (9.75 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
so cuts the same part x number of times. This would exclude any anomalies in the file and if all parts cut the same then it is more chance to be a setting issue. If all parts are different it could be mechanical.

May be worth exporting the CFG from the original machine software disk if you can to the laser (if you haven't already) and also asking HPC what setting the 'machine options' is Lasercut should be set to.

Best
Dave
Wwgm

Post by Wwgm »

no im not using the array function the file is a dxf exported from coreldraw. the file cuts fine in my other machines

i try exporting the settings again