Old HPC LS3040 Software/Driver issues

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Proby

Old HPC LS3040 Software/Driver issues

Post by Proby »

Hi all,

I acquired an old LS3040 as a project to get working. I know its pretty old, as its an original desktop style rather than the newer style freestanding. It has had very little use and looks like new. The person I had it from says it was an ex HPC demo unit they purchased and never used it many years ago.

There is a software dongle with it (WIBUkey Green USB dongle), and she emailed me the original installation files supplied by HPC with Laserscript 5.3.

I have managed to align the mirrors (although they are very dirty and have replacements on order).

Everything on the cutter seems to power up OK, and functions/ axis drive through the menus on cutter.

My current issue is with the Lasercut 5.3 install and the dongle. It is a green WIBUkey dongle and seems to differ from any info I have found online about other laser cutters with the Leetro MPC 6525 controller.

I can install Lasercut, but it keeps insisting the dongle is not plugged in and won't run. The demo version without needing dongle will run.

I know it's probably designed to run on Windows XP, and happen to have a really old laptop with XP lying around and managed to get drivers to Laserscript cutter installed and recognised, still on the XP machine it does not see the dongle.

I have installed a WIBU app on Windows 7 machine and it recognises dongle and displays on screen the same serial number as sticker on the actual USB dongle so don't think it's corrupt.

Sorry for the long post but anyone got any ideas to throw at me (before I throw it out the window haha).

Many many thank,

Chris
HPC LS3040 (old desktop version)
Lasercut 5.3
Daven

Re: Old HPC LS3040 Software/Driver issues

Post by Daven »

Hi Chris - you will need the drivers for the key as well - I will email them over ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Proby

Post by Proby »

Dave,

That would be magic. Much appreciated. Do you have the Windows 7 compatible driver for the Laserscript machine itself too? As I can only get the one I have to install on an old XP laptop.

Regards,

Chris
HPC LS3040 (old desktop version)
Lasercut 5.3
Daven

Post by Daven »

PM sent ;)
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC