Hello and HELP!

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Alan

Hello and HELP!

Post by Alan »

Hello, I'm completely new to this have no machine yet but I'm due to retire soon and looking for something to do as a hobby, pastime, perhaps earn some pocket money.
I'm looking at a used 3050 that's been uprated to 60w
It appears to be an early 2016 build and looks on the surface as being almost as new.
any 3050 users out there who can advise?
Is it a good machine? Is it reliable etc?
What can be wrong?
What would be a fair price I can expect to pay?
ANY advice greatly appreciated as I don't want to buy an expensive pile of junk.
Daven

Re: Hello and HELP!

Post by Daven »

If you can see it running that would be a bonus.
HPC lasers are excellent value for money (not just saying that! I make a modest living from two machines!)

My eldest is about 9 years old and still going strong. Tubes like to be used and cared for - you won't know until you use it how good the tube is so worth budgeting for that just in case.

Mirrors and lenses are the same - depends how well they were looked after and how much use they have had.

Belts and bearings - same as above but my eldest has same as the day it was delivered and no issues (daily use!)

Make sure you get the original software disk and dongle.
No idea on price
If you do get it don't tinker too much without looking here first ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Alan

Post by Alan »

Thanx Dave.
I'm going to get a demo over the weekend
Thanks for the pointers
Much appreciated
Daven

Post by Daven »

Good luck and as a warning it can be a slippery slope to madness :D

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC