Connecting to laptop

Moderators: HPC, Daven

Kirsty

Connecting to laptop

Post by Kirsty »

Good morning,
I just seen to be having issues at present! The latest is the connection to the laptop seems to keep breaking.
My question is, does anyone know what the type of connector or lead is called please? In know the laptop end is usb, but the laser end looks like a small square.
I'm hoping a replacement lead will help, but I don't know what to search for to find one!
Thank you for any help.
Or if any other fixes are known, that'd also be great x
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Kirsty

Re: Connecting to laptop

Post by Kirsty »

Well I've just swapped the lead for my printer cable, and it is still dropping in and out of connection (the laptop keeps pinging at me as it loses then gains connection!).
So any ideas on this are greatly received.
Thank you x
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Daven

Post by Daven »

Sounds like a bad connection - could be the usb socket at either end - has the laptop got another socket you could try? Does the socket work ok on other devices?
Try moving the plug at the laser end and listen to see if the pc pings.

The cable would be USB A male to USB b male by the sounds of it - mine has the USB A both ends.

My other machine did this and in the end I connected the cable directly to the motherboard in the laser - I must replace the cable that goes from the motherboard to be laser cabinet at some time.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Hi David,
Thanks for the reply x
I'll try the other usb and see how that goes.
It's been doing it on and off for a while, but seems more common now and I'd just like it fixed before it stops completely! 🤪
Anyway, fingers crossed I can at least get these couple of jobs finished!
Thanks again for your speedy reply.
Kind regards
Kirsty
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Daven

Post by Daven »

You can always download to a USB memory stick and plug that into the laser (not the same socket) ;)
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC