Lasercut 5.3 Issue

Moderators: HPC, Daven

DenberRubber

Lasercut 5.3 Issue

Post by DenberRubber »

I have been trying to make a template for one of our masks. Machine is LS6840 Pro and using Lasercut 5.3 software.

Have drawn the design and made a metal template to mount the product on with a datum mark. The design needs tweaking. I make changes in Lasercut. Save the file on the laptop, download it and changes are not implemented on the machine when I run it. Even if I "delete all" on the machine via the software before downloading. Tried rebooting the machine to no avail.

Am I missing something ?
Daven

Re: Lasercut 5.3 Issue

Post by Daven »

There is a strange bug - open the file and save as a different name - change a colour of a layer (but keep the same settings) and chances are it will be ok ;)

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
DenberRubber

Post by DenberRubber »

Thanks, a job for Monday as I walked away from it before breaking something !
Daven

Post by Daven »

Feel for you - been there myself ;)
Best
Dave
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
DenberRubber

Post by DenberRubber »

Yes that seems to work. However, not really very good for rapid progress on new projects. Disappointing that a not exactly cheap machine comes with inadequate software.
Daven

Post by Daven »

It can be annoying but you get used to it - you may be able just to change a layer colour (that's what I do most of the time)- not sure if it is an issue in the drawing, the software or the board to be honest. ;)

Best
Dave
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Just wanted to say thank you for this, I've just been getting very frustrated with this exact thing. I saved it as a different name and everything, even trying to delete the .GOO file that had the wrong amend date!
But I've not tried changing the colour! I'll try this tomorrow and fingers crossed that'll solve it.
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Kirsty

Post by Kirsty »

Hi, I've tried changing the colours, and renaming, saving to different files, and nothing seems to work.
I don't know if it's related, but the .G00 file is still dated as my first save.
Anyone know how to fix this please?
Thank you x
Kind regards
Kirsty x
HPC laser 3040, 40W
Daven

Post by Daven »

Something else may be worth trying is keeping the file name to 8 letters - if you re-name it to a longer filename it could be ignoring the letter 9 and above.
Best
Dave
Daven

Post by Daven »

Just looked at my file and the .G00 file appears to be the same date as the others so wondering if it is set to read only on your system somehow? If you right click and select properties does that show the read only box ticked?

Some files are created when you click the download button but I'm not sure if there is any feedback from the laser to the PC.

It maybe worth trying to download to a USB key and try it that way.

It does not happen often on mine so I have not looked into it further.

Best
Dvae