Settings for acrylic.

Moderators: HPC, Daven

gordonpb

Settings for acrylic.

Post by gordonpb »

Hi,
Can anyone advise me on the settings I should be using for cutting and engraving 8mm acrylic please ?
Many thanks for your help.
Gordon.
Daven

Re: Settings for acrylic.

Post by Daven »

What power machine?

Engraving depends how deep you need it - 350 at say 35% with 300dpi (see scan gap settings) is a good place to start

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
gordonpb

Post by gordonpb »

Dave,
Hi many thanks for the reply, It is an LS 3060 with 60w tube, engraving isn't too bad, I am getting quite a good result, it is cutting I am having problems with, I am getting a lot of burning underneath. no matter how low I set the laser, it still seems to go through too far, until the point when it doesn't cut all the way through. Hope you are staying well, and thanks for the advice.
Gordon
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Gordon,
I raise acrylic of the bed and use speed of around 33mm/s at 64% for 3mm and speed of 11mm/s for 5mm.
Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
brydonuk

Post by brydonuk »

I agree, raise the acrylic off the bed. Works every time 8-)