Max Speed?

Moderators: HPC, Daven

brydonuk

Max Speed?

Post by brydonuk »

Hey guys, I have an LS6840.....What is the Max speed of the machine? Most things on the settings suggestion sheet say 400 Speed.

I have used 495 speed and it was fine. SO what is the Max speed? Safe speed?

Cheers 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Daven

Re: Max Speed?

Post by Daven »

Not such a simple answer to this - it depends on the size of the image and the inertia on the head due to the speed it is traveling - too much inertia and it will start to put a strain on the belts and motors. I'm not sure the stopping distance is allowed for so the faster the speed the greater the strain to stop the head...

I try not to go faster than 350 to 400 and on small designs no faster than 300.

A couple of things you can do to speed up engraving are :-
1. lower the scan gap to the best result required.
2. If the image is made up of various elements with space between the elements create a dxf of the image or turn it into multiple images and put each element on its own layer.
3. use a mixture of the two above where parts of an image may not need such a high scan gap.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
brydonuk

Post by brydonuk »

Cheers for the reply. I did think there would not me a simple answer :D
Daven

Post by Daven »

Nothings simple with these machines :lol:
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC