Windows 10 Update - USB Driver Issue

Moderators: HPC, Daven

aprpac

Windows 10 Update - USB Driver Issue

Post by aprpac »

Hi,

On my Windows 10 PC I have been using LaserCut 5.3 with my LS6090 for a long time now, it has just been updated to the latest version of Windows 10. Big mistake!

This may just be affecting me, but everyone should BE AWARE, that there seems to be a significant incompatibility issue with the Leetro Controller USB Driver LT Slave USB/(68013A) following my last update to Windows 10. The problem is that you can't reliably download from LaserCut 5.3 to the Laser. It occasionally works on small content files, but then reports an error saying that it can't communicate with the laser or nothing happens at all when you click "Download current".

For now, I have reverted to using an older PC which has not had Windows 10 updated for at least a year - everything is then back to normal - no driver problems at all.

Has anybody else recently upgraded Windows 10? Did you have a problem?

If anybody has a resolution to fix this please let me know.

Cheers
Paul
HPC Laserscript LS 6090
Trotec Speedy 300
BOFA Oracle AD IQ
Daven

Re: Windows 10 Update - USB Driver Issue

Post by Daven »

This does happen - you have to re-install and it is normally ok. I have just had the latest Win 10 update and it works fine.

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC
aprpac

Post by aprpac »

Morning Dave,

Thank you for your early reply. Good to hear there is a resolution.

When you say "re-install" what software actually do you mean I need to re-install?

Cheers
Paul
HPC Laserscript LS 6090
Trotec Speedy 300
BOFA Oracle AD IQ
Daven

Post by Daven »

Hi Paul - I normally just reinstall Lasercut 5.3 for ease but select the do not overwrite the setting when asked - you may be able to just re-install the drivers (See HPC's post in FAQs).

Best
Dave
Using two LS3060's and an ex 3020 user
Please note I am not employed by HPC, any advice or recomendations I give are based on my own experience and are not necessarily the same as HPC's. First point of contact on any hardware issues should be with HPC